Friday, December 10, 2004

World peace through Individual Peace

vaazhga vaLamudan!

Thanks in advance for spending ur valuable time to read this blog of mine. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Do not come to any conclusions about me right away.

Am Veera Raj Kumar. Born in Vizhuppuram, Tamilnadu and brought up in Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I have completed 26 revolutions round the sun. Two important people in my life - coz of whom i visited this yummy planet earth are ammaa(mom) Vanaja and appaa(dad) Saravanan.

Mom is a home maker - a very active person even after going around the sun 51 times. Apart from being the homemaker she also works in Dept of Handlooms & Textiles 10 - 6.

Dad - Again a very active person -- a very good friend of mine -- infact my first best friend -- runs the family in unison with my mom. Also works as an auditor in Tamilnadu Slum Clearance Board 10 - 6. Even after going around the sun 57 times still he s very energetic, fit and trim and without even an inch of flab. Ask him the reason and pat comes the reply ---- cycling. Yes he has been cycling for the past 48 years and still commutes a distance of 6 kms daily from home to mount station.

Brother Arun Kumar - dreamer and achiever -- Has completed 22 revolutions round the sun and was featured once along with his friend in "Namma Ooru vingyaani" program that comes as part of the "vaNakkam tamizhagam" program in Sun TV on fridays @ 07:30 hours

= = = = = = (Edited on 28 Dec 2004)
I forgot to inform a very important person in my life who taught me many things. He is my one and only guru Vethathiri. He is fondly called as ThaththuvaGnAni VethAthiri Maharishi by all his disciples. Just click his name and u can catch him online and this is his biography in English and in Tamizh. For tamizh version you need to install the font that is available from the link on the Tamizh homepage.
= = = = = =

I did my schooling in Prince Matric Hr. Sec. School in Madipakkam - 12 wonderful years from 1984 - '96. Today we have a yahoo group Prince96 for reuniting the princes and princesses of Prince who passed out in the year '96. After that from 96-2k --- glorious days in my life started in Coimbatore Institute of Technology which is in a lush green atmosphere -- I mean it lush green -- jus diagonally opposite to the Coimbatore Medical College. By the end of 4 years, few medicos also became my friends - one of them is an unforgettable personality Dr.Arul Kumar. Then joined Sterling Infotech Limited, went to iCarnegie Inc, a division of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

About my life @ CIT:

Actual learning in my life started only here in CIT, Coimbatore. Hostel life, living with students coming from different places in TN, varied cultures, my friends, group meditation and lectures given by professors of CIT who were trained by Vethathiri Maharishi helped me a lot. The first lesson that I was taught by my seniors was - "Do not form any group or be a member of group. Be neutral to all groups". I was really appalled to the see the kind of division between the students in an engineering college. The main division being students from Chennai and students from south of Chennai. This is a story which is seen in almost all the colleges - friends from other colleges also told me -- this is the same case every where. But when it comes to conducting a seminar / cultural festival / sports / blood donation / service to poor people through NSS, all of them unite and do it with perfect unison. When countries like South and North Korea unite, and now friendship budding between India and Pakistan, such kind of a division and groupism among a few students disturbed me a lot.

CIT's annual inter college cultural festival - Harmony - is conducted every year and Harmony means iNakkam in tamizh. More info on my life @ CIT will continue later. Hope in the current and comming years atleast let this iNakkam be prevalent among all the people throughout the world. Time to move to official work. Let me sign off with a song by Vethathiri.

“This beautiful world designed by the
Almighty is culturally evolved by innumerable
Generations of people, in the course of millions
Of years. No one has the right to destroy it.
Let us preserve it for our enjoyment and for
Future generations.”
--- Vethathiri

Catch u all l8r. Thanx once again for ur time.

No comments: